£25,500 – £30,000
ESSENTIAL FOR THE ROLE:
-Elland House School is a ‘Good’ School (Ofsted 2016) that offers children the chance to re-engage with learning and move towards a positive future.
-We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed SEMH teacher to join our dedicated team and take on the role of teacher with a focus on Outdoor Education, PE and Vocational Learning. Applications from newly qualified teachers willing to learn the role are more than welcome.
-This job description sets out the duties to be undertaken and performed to the satisfaction of the Timeout Company and the Head of Education by the post holder.
-A teacher who relishes the challenge of reengaging disengaged learners into positive activity and outcomes through vocational, hands on, active learning
-Experience of working with SEMH children (desirable), or a desire to work with these children and make a difference to their life chances
-A willingness to go the ‘extra mile’ for our children
28th May 2018
Purpose and Objectives
The post holder would take on the role of Inspirational Teacher in our Elland house School based in Oldham.
This job description sets out the duties to be undertaken and performed to the satisfaction of the Timeout Company and the Head of Education by the post holder.
Particular Specific Responsibilities
1. The postholder is responsible to their line manager for his/her duties, responsibilities and teaching tasks.
2. The postholder will interact on a professional level with all colleagues and; establish and maintain good working relationships which will promote the development and effective delivery of the school curriculum and maximise children’s achievement.
3. The postholder undertakes the teaching of the pupils in his/her class and the associated pastoral and administrative duties in respect of those pupils.
4. To create and run programmes of work that focus on PE, Outdoor Education and vocational / hands on learning for both schools
1. Teaching all pupils in your class according to their diverse educational needs and acknowledging that every lesson counts.
2. Creating a well-ordered and secure environment that will ensure the educational well-being of individual children within the group.
3. Making effective use of ICT to enhance learning and teaching.
4. Undertaking careful planning and delivery of the curriculum.
5. Ensuring careful and ongoing assessment of the pupils’ learning to inform further planning.
6. Ensuring that the curriculum is differentiated to mean that tasks and activities are matched to the ability of the children and henceforth allowing them to make progress at the right pace and level.
7. Completing all assessments and records as determined by school policy in a timely fashion.
8. Working with the Head of Education to track the progress of individual children and intervene where pupils are not making progress.
9. Complete and teach individual pupil plans where pupils have specific needs. (IEPs and PEPs), Treatment Plans, Special Needs Support Plans, etc.
10. Ensuring that equal opportunities are implemented in the classroom and throughout the school.
11. Developing and maintaining positive relationship with carers/local authorities, which involve them actively in the classroom and in the learning process.
12. Participating in staff meetings.
13. Contributing to the whole school ethos by taking a leading role in displays around the school that promote the positive ethos and good work of the school.
14. Contributing and cooperating with other staff and professional agencies as appropriate to the needs of the children.
15. Undertaking in-service training for further development.
16. Undertaking other duties which may be reasonably assigned by the Head of Education
In addition to undertake such duties of a similar nature as may be reasonably directed by the Head of Education to secure Ofsted compliance. The duties and responsibilities of the post may vary from time to time according to the changing needs of the schools.
The Postholder will contribute to the school’s objectives in by:
• Enactment of Health & Safety requirements and initiatives as directed
• Ensuring compliance with Data Protection legislation
• At all times operating within the companies Equal Opportunities framework
• Commitment and contribution to improving standards for pupils as appropriate
• Contributing to the maintenance of a caring and stimulating environment for pupils