We are a family run organisation which provides therapeutic residential childcare for young people aged 6-17 years who have suffered abuse and neglect in their lives.
The children we care for require intensive therapeutic support within a nurturing and containing environment where their attachment difficulties, developmental delays and unmet needs can be understood and outcomes achieved.
In the role you will be responsible for providing therapeutic and reparative experiences for our children through daily routines, being there for them at night through sleep-ins and required to actively engage with internal professionals in both education and therapy and external agencies.
It is expected that you will work as part of a team and provide primary care and a nurturing experience, whilst contributing to the maintenance of an organised, clean and warm home environment.
Participation in ongoing development within the field of child trauma and therapeutic provision is essential. Your training and development is key to the quality of care that we provide and as to why we invest so much time to in-house training.
Ideally, some experience in caring for young people with emotional or behavioural difficulties and challenging behaviours would be preferred, although this is not as essential as your genuine desire to develop a career in this field.
- – Must have full licence, ideally clean (but no more than 6 points as a maximum) and access to a motor vehicle for work purposes (business use car insurance will be required)
- – Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team.
- – A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature.
- – A willingness to undertake any aspects of care or non-care duties.
- – Basic IT skills and familiar with MS Office
- – If not already qualified, a willingness to undertake Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (England) (Social Care Pathway).
Successful applicants are required to complete an enhanced disclosure and are then also required to register for the DBS update service either while the application is in progress or within 19 days of the certificate being issued.
Alternately, candidates who are already in receipt of an existing enhanced DBS certificate for children and are registered for the DBS update service already will just need to provide their certificate number and issue date to allow us to complete the necessary checks.
The expense of the DBS certificate will be reimbursed by Timeout upon successful probationary period. The successful candidate will be responsible for the DBS update service subscription cost (currently £13.00 per year).
Salary – £20,750 – £22,500 per annum plus mileage
Hours – 165 hrs per month on a rota basis (including overnight sleep-in)
Shift Pattern – 2 days on including 2 sleeps, and then 4 days off (with the expectation of flexibility)
Holidays – 33 days including statutory holidays
* Clear career progression
* Comprehensive training & development program
* Health care plan (after 12 months of employment)
* Employee assistance program
* Childcare vouchers
* Pension Scheme