We are a family run organisation which provides therapeutic residential childcare for children aged 6 – 17 years who have suffered abuse and neglect in their lives. We were established in 2004 and have since grown organically and safely to provide only outstanding or good services; which we are extremely proud of.
The children we care for require intensive therapeutic support within a nurturing and containing environment where their attachment difficulties, developmental delays and unmet needs can be understood, and outcomes achieved.
We provide our staff with continuous training so that you can fully develop in your role, allowing you to make the career choices you wish to.
In the role you will be responsible for providing therapeutic and reparative experiences for our children through daily routines, being there for them at night through sleep-ins and required to actively engage with internal professionals in both education and therapy and external agencies.
It is expected that you will work as part of a team and provide primary care and a nurturing experience, whilst contributing to the maintenance of an organised, clean and warm home environment.
We are not offering you a job, we are offering you the opportunity to be part of a child’s life, please consider this opportunity carefully as our children deserve consistency and commitment from adults that have space in their lives for the next few years.
Ideally, you’ll have some experience of caring for young people with emotional difficulties or challenging behaviours, however, what we are essentially looking for is someone with a genuine desire to develop and progress a career in this field with us. We have helped develop people with no experience to achieve some unbelievable outcomes for children through the strong relationships they have formed.
– Must have full licence, ideally clean (but no more than 6 points as a maximum) and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team.
– A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature.
– Open and honest approach with a growth mindset.
– A willingness to undertake any aspects of care or non-care duties.
– Basic IT skills and familiar with MS Office
– If not already qualified, a willingness to undertake Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (England) (Social Care Pathway)
Candidates will be required to apply for a DBS certificate which will be reimbursed by Timeout upon successful probationary period. The successful candidate will be responsible for the DBS update service subscription cost (currently £13.00 per year).
“Timeout promotes child protection and the safeguarding of children through the services it provides to our children.”
Salary – £21,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year
Hours – 165 hrs per month on a rota basis (including overnight sleep-ins)
Shift Pattern – Shifts will be provided on a rota basis to meet the needs and expectations of our homes and children. Rotas are released with six weeks’ notice in order for individuals to be able to plan and ensure their work/family life is well balanced.
– 33 days holiday
– Excellent salary increments in line with Grade and Career Progression
– Clear Development Plan which puts you in control of your career
– Attendance Bonus Scheme
– Counselling Service
– Celebratory Awards for Children and your Team
– Childcare Vouchers
– Pension Scheme
– Free Annual Health Screening
– Optical, Dental, Therapy (inc. Podiatry, Physiotherapy, Acupuncture)
– Option to include family members in the package Health Care Plan (after 6 months of employment)
Timeout is an Equal Opportunities Employer